Wheat or Tares?

 Are you the Wheat or the Tares?



For women only*


Groundwork.


I believe God's word is infallible.   2 Tim 3:16. "All scripture is God breathed."  My church may teach something different.  I may disagree with God.  But in the end, His Word stands.


Hebrews 6: 18-19 ......it is impossible for God to lie.


Now to today's topic:  Who are the tares?


Matthew Chapter 13


"Another parable He set before them, saying, The kingdom of the heavens has become like a man sowing good seed in his field.

13:25 But while the men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares in the midst of the wheat and went away.

13:26 And when the blade sprouted and produced fruit, then the tares appeared also.

13:27 And the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where then did the tares come from?

13:28 And he said to them, An enemy has done this. And the slaves said to him, Do you want us then to go and collect them?

13:29 But he said, No, lest while collecting the tares, you uproot the wheat along with them.

13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, Collect first the tares and bind them into bundles to burn them up, but the wheat gather into my barn."


------

This parable is speaking to us about the people in the churches.  Truely repentant believers will be gathered as the harvest. (The wheat).  Those who are not truly repentant and have not turned from their sins ( the Tares/ Weeds) will face the judgement of Christ and will end up in the Lake of Fire with Satan.


For many years I was a Tare "growing" in a church full of Tares.  I did not understand that salvation required me to truly repent of my sins and to turn to God and walk with Him and allow Him to transform me. 


Instead, I believed the misinformed who said "Just believe in Jesus, or just take this class, or be baptized with water, He has covered all of your sins with His blood.  It no longer matters if you sin - you're covered."


Sisters, let me tell you,


  It matters.


  We either choose to walk with God or we choose to walk with Satan. 


 We cannot try to straddle the fence either;  do a little good here, a little naughty there.


Forgiveness is there for the (few) times we do sin as a saved repentant believer.  Asking forgiveness will restore our fellowship with God. This is not lost salvation for those who have truly repented - but lost fellowship. Truly repentant believers are in God's hand and no one can pluck them from His hand.  (John 10: 27-29)  Hallelujah!


But my heart truly aches for all of the misinformed believers in Jesus.


Choose today whether you will be the wheat or the weeds. 


Choose today who you will follow.


If you have not received Christ as your Savior, you can do that today.  Pray a prayer to God and repent of your sins which have separated you from Him, and believe into the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the ONLY way to make things right with God.


Karla


*  Scripture is clear that as a woman I cannot teach or have  authority over any man.


I am thankful to Bible teachers, especially my husband Dale, who have helped me understand God's Word better. Karla

Comments

Popular Posts