Christmas In July

"Christmas In July"
5 x 7
Oil on Hardboard


Are you like me and get a warm fuzzy feeling when you think about the color palettes of the holidays?  That is one of the best feelings I get from my  childhood - remembering the colors of Halloween, Easter, Christmas and Valentines Day.

This painting reminded me of that feeling i.e., the title.

This  green pepper is from my garden.  It will actually be a red or yellow pepper but I thought it was so pretty now that I picked it.  Somehow the garden is still hanging on after a week of above 100 degree temps.  Thankfully today the thermometer said 61 when I got up.  We are still praying for rain, but are so thankful that the heat has left - at least for now.

Hubby and I drove down to listen to a Chopin piano concert by our son in St Louis.  As always he did a great job!

The next day I convinced Dale to drive 2 ½ hours out of our way to visit a store called The Dutch Bakery in Tipton, Missouri.  As I was driving, I did my famous "can't get there the first time I try" routine.  So it took us an extra 40 minutes with the route correction.

My friend who has family living in that area has been going to the store for years and I give her a short list of things I would like her to get each time she goes.  This store is a whole foods store that sells things in plain plastic bags at great discounts.  Here is a pic of some of the things I got.

Sitting on the counter were these great tomatoes, so we grabbed a few since ours are still a week or two from being ripe.  If you are ever in the area I recommend a stop at this neat little store.  Oh, and yes, they also sell baked goods.

Here is how this painting might look framed.



Contact me if you are interested in this painting.  You can also see more of my available paintings HERE. Or, to see other paintings available at auction simply search Karla Uphoff in Art on eBay.   Auctions start at just 1¢. 



Here are what some of my buyers  (and repeat buyers) are saying  about my art:
“Stunning! Never dissapoints!”
“BEAUTIFUL! Love lilacs and these are fantastic! A+++ Thanks!
“Gorgeous as always! Beautiful, quality work! Fast shipping, packaged well.”


Comments

Popular Posts