Who Should Christians Avoid?




 Who are some of the people followers of Jesus Christ are told to avoid?


For women only*


Groundwork.


I believe God's word is infallible.   2 Tim 3:16. "All scripture is God breathed."  My church may teach something different.  I may disagree with God.  But in the end, His Word stands.


Hebrews 6: 18-19 ......it is impossible for God to lie.


Now to today's topic:  Who are some of the people Christians are told to avoid?


1 Corinthians 5:11


"But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother [Christian] if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one."


Sometimes scripture needs no further comment.


This may be one of those times.


One explanation might be needed (I needed it) a reviler is someone who speaks abusively or contemptuously to or of another person or thing:


You see or hear this almost every day.  Check your Facebook page.


As much as we think we are strong in the faith, sin is contagious.  As followers of Jesus we are called to be holy as God is holy.


1 Peter 1:16. Be holy, because I am holy.


Do not follow the practices of the culture around you; follow God's Holy Word.


If you have not received Christ as your Savior, you can do that today.  Pray a prayer to God and repent of your sins which have separated you from Him, and believe into the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the ONLY way to make things right with God.


Karla


*  Scripture is clear that as a woman I cannot teach or have  authority over any man.


I am thankful to Bible teachers, especially my husband Dale, who have helped me understand God's Word better. Karla

Comments

Popular Posts