John 21:15.  "Then when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these? He said to Him, Yes, Lord, You know that I love You. He said to him, Feed My lambs."


For women only*



Groundwork.


I believe God's word is infallible.   2 Tim 3:16. "All scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching rebuking correcting and training in righteousness."  My church may teach something different.  I may disagree with God.  But in the end, His Word stands.


Hebrews 6: 18-19 ......it is impossible for God to lie.


Now to today's topic:  Who or what are "these"?


What came to mind when you read this verse?  When I first thought about this verse I thought Jesus was talking about Peter's fellow fishermen.


But after giving it more thought, I think the Lord was wise not to tell us what "these" were.  It may be different for every person.


These children

This spouse

This job

This money

This house

This location

This boyfriend

This church/denomination

This friend

This pastor

This sin.


We are told to love the Lord with all our heart, all our mind and all our soul. (Matt 22:37)


And when it comes to love it is not love as the world defines love.  It is a love that is committed to obeying.  When God loves us it is with our absolute best eternal outcome in mind; even if He has to discipline us.  It is not "If it feels good it must be love" attitude of this world.


We have to realize that it wasn't until Peter proclaimed his love for the Lord over "these" that the Lord gave him His instruction.  


Peter needed to be all in.


Am I all in?


Are you all in?


I do not believe the Lord can use us (even our prayers) unless we are all in to following Him - not "these".


If you have not received Christ as your Savior, you can do that today.  Pray a prayer to God and repent of your sins which have separated you from Him, and believe into the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the ONLY way to make things right with God.


Karla


*  Scripture is clear that as a woman I cannot teach or have  authority over any man.


I am thankful to Bible teachers, especially my husband Dale, who have helped me understand God's Word better. Karla

Comments

Popular Posts