Seasoned With Salt

 Seasoned with salt.


For women only*




Groundwork.


I believe God's word is infallible.   2 Tim 3:16. "All scripture is God breathed."  My church may teach something different.  I may argue with God.  But in the end, His Word stands.


Hebrews 6: 18-19 ......it is impossible for God to lie.  If I think two scriptures are contradicting each other, I have misunderstood scripture or the translation is poor.


Colossians 4:5-6.  

"Walk in wisdom toward those who are without, redeeming the time.

4:6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one."


At a recent family dinner, I put a sign in front of the gravy.  "Super salty!"  I wanted to warn my family that the ham gravy was really salty.  Way too salty for me!


But on the opposite end, yesterday I made a pot of ham and beans from the ham bone from that dinner.  When I tasted it, it was very bland.  It was not enjoyable to eat.


So, what did I do?  I added some of the extra salty left-over gravy to the pot of beans, and just like Goldilocks and the three bears, the soup was just right.


The scriptures above are from my concluding study of Colasians.  They stood out to me because I have a hard time getting the message of God's love and salvation through Jesus Christ "just right".


My tendency is to be too salty.  I am often blunt to the point of being offensive.  But to be clear, just saying the name of Jesus offends a lot of people.


So to me these verses are saying use the wisdom God has given me, and make good use of every opportunity to proclaim Jesus.


But verse six is also saying, make my words palatable to the listeners (just the right amount of salt) and surround them with the grace that God has poured out on me.


I will be meditating on these two verses for quite awhile.  


God's blessings to you.


Karla


If you have not received Christ as your Savior, you can do that today.  Pray a prayer to God and repent of your sins which have separated you from Him, and believe into the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the ONLY way to make things right with God.


Karla


*  Scripture is clear that as a woman I cannot teach or have  authority over any man.


I am thankful to Bible teachers, especially my husband Dale, who have helped me understand God's Word better. Karla

Comments

Popular Posts