Thursday, May 30, 2013

Maggie Rose




Maggie Rose




8 X 10
Oil on Panel

This is my great-niece Maggie Rose.  She is beautiful just like her sisters.  I love doing portraits because of the challenge of getting a likeness.  As usually happens, I am several hours into the painting before it starts to come together - thus relieving my stress.  This photo was taken when she was unaware of my camera.  That is when I usually get the best pictures.  Below is the reference photo for this painting. 

Thanks for looking!

Add caption



3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Great job Karla. Very impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karla...Maggie Rose is so pretty! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Karla!! There is such a timeless quality to the brushwork and the background, very classic looking..amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!