Noah Found Grace

 Noah was saved because he was a good man.




Noah was saved because he was a good man. Things I used to believe about God that now I believe were incorrect. . .for women only* Gen 6:8 "Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord" 1 Cor 15:10 " But by the grace of God I [Paul] am what I am ; and His grace unto me did not turn out to be in vain, but, on the contrary, I labored more abundantly than all of them, yet not I but the grace of God which is in me." This verse in Corinthians seems to be saying to me that Noah did not find favor (grace) with God because he behaved well. But, Noah-found-grace. He found the way/the power to live righteously through finding God and His grace. In Ezekiel 14:14 we read that Noah is linked with Daniel and Job who all found the power to believe and act on that belief in incredible ways; not because they were super good people on their own merit, but because they found God and found the power from God to give them the strength of faith they needed to overcome the Prince of this earth - Satan 2 Cor 12:9 " And He said to me [Paul] My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness...." Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Zech 4:6 " .....not by might nor by power but by My Spirit, says Jehovah of hosts." Noah discovered the power of the Holy Spirit. Noah was not a "good guy" by his own efforts. He found the power supply provided by God. We have the same "power supply" freely offered to us through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ who came to save us from ourselves. Bottom line: The righteous walk of Christians is achieved when they surrender themselves ( their sinful life) and receive Christ into their being. Col 1: 26, 27 The mystery which has been hidden from the ages and from the generations but now has been manifested to His saints; 1:27 To whom God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory, That is the source of power. Christ is our only hope. Salvation does not come through being 'good', saying the "right prayer", taking the "right class" or any other man-made hoops people are told to jump through. It is a surrendered life to Christ Jesus. God did not say of Noah, Look there is a human acting right. He said look there is a human who is connected to Me and receives My power through faith.

Genesis 6:9......."Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generations; and Noah walked with God. If you have not received Christ as your Savior, you can do that today. Pray a prayer to God and repent of your sins which have separated you from Him, and believe into the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Jesus is the ONLY way to make things right with God. May God bless you, Karla * Scripture is clear that as a woman I cannot teach or have authority over any man. I am thankful for Bible teachers, especially my husband Dale, who have helped me understand God's Word better. ~ Karla

Comments

Popular Posts