The Rapture Part 3 of 4

 Things I used to believe about God that now I believe were incorrect.

.for women only*



Groundwork.


I believe God's word is infallible.   2 Tim 3:16. "All scripture is God breathed."  My church may teach something different.  I may disagree with God.  But in the end, His Word stands.


It is impossible for God to tell a lie.  Hebrews 6:18.  If I believe scripture is saying two opposite things, then I have misunderstood scripture or it was poorly translated/transcribed.


Now to today's "past misunderstanding of scripture". 


All Christians Will Be Raptured Before the Great Tribulation Part 3.


If you have not read Part 1 and 2 of this series it would be helpful to do that now.


Part 3 .  Who are the 144,000?


Rev 7:4

"And I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:"


The short answer:  I believe they are 144,000 Jewish people (sons of Israel) God has chosen to be Overcomers and be raptured before the beginning of the Great Tribulation.


Although the Jews are going to be extremely worldly in the end times, God will find a remnant (as He always does) who are faithful to Him and the law He gave them.  I do not believe they are recent converts to Christianity as some do.  All of the Overcomers who are raptured early are faithful to God in every way.


Romans 11:25. "For I do not want you, brothers, to be ignorant of this mystery (lest you be wise in yourselves), that hardness has come upon Israel in part, until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in."


Despite the fact that God has blinded most of the Jews from seeing Jesus as Savior; they are still God's chosen people whom He loves.


"For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” (Deuteronomy 7:6).


Like the man-child and first fruits, the 144,000 Jews will be raptured to heaven before the start of the Great Tribulation.


"But you have come forward to Mount Zion and to the city of the Living God, the heavenly Jerusalem; and to the myriad of angels, to the universal gathering."  Heb 12:22


Next up:  What will the people raptured before the start of the Great Tribulation do? And, when will the remaining Believers be raptured?


*  this post is for women only because God's word clearly says as a woman I am not to teach or have authority over any man.


I am thankful to Bible teachers, especially my husband Dale, who have helped me understand God's Word better. Karla

Comments

Popular Posts