Pucker Up

"Pucker Up"


6 X 6

Oil on Panel


I have always wanted to paint a lemon but found them rather difficult to do because they have such subtle changes in color and temperature, they always ended up looking rather flat.  So with my new painting technique from Mark Carder, I decided to give it another go.  I'm finding that there isn't much I can't paint with this method.  I am looking forward to Mark's release of videos showing how to do landscapes and flowers.



"Candy Mints" by Julie Ford Oliver
My artist friend Julie Ford Oliver has just released an ArtByte video tutorial over at Daily Paintworks demonstrating her "fracturing" technique.  Julie's art is full of life and movement using this technique.   I own one of Julie's beautiful paintings.  You can order the video HERE.  Be sure to also check out her blog  Art Talk.  Julie gives a lot of tips for artists there.








Here is how today's painting might look framed.






Be sure to sign up to receive my monthly newsletter so you don't miss out on getting the latest updates from Karla Uphoff Fine Art.
 
 
  Visit my Daily Paintworks Gallery.  HERE 

 Visit my website   KarlaUphoff.com 

Have you entered my give-away yet?  I am giving away a brand new KitchenAide Artisan Red Mixer.  Go Here to sign up.

Comments

  1. Beautifully painted! You have captured the subtle changes and, flat, it's not! Thank you for pointing the way to Mark Carden's site. Now, just need some time to give some of his tips a try myself. It's obviously working very well for you! Melon Slice is outstanding too! It's like you've turned a corner and are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gracious and generous of you to give my artbyte a such a wonderful plug. I thank you so much, Karla.

    Love the way you painted the lemon. brilliant!
    Carder's method is excellent and I own his invaluable proportional device.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts