"Pink Poppy"
6 x 6
Oil on Hardboard

I have been baby-sitting 3 of my grand-kids for almost a solid week.  Their other grandmother is their regular care-giver while their Mom and Dad work.  ( Just so you know, I think their other grand-mother is Wonder Woman!)  Anyway, I hardly had any opportunities to paint for a whole week and I was just itching.  While out in the yard I saw this beautiful pink poppy that had come up from volunteer seeds.  As soon as the kids left for the day, I grabbed my cigar box of paints and headed out the door to paint a "quicky".  I knew that a single windy day would take away the opportunity.  Poppies are so delicate.

For my artist friends:

As I start preparing for my voyage into plein air painting. I have been doing a little research.  One thing that I stumbled upon ( completely by accident) was a site that had a nice check list for things to pack for painting outdoors.  Susan Ploughe has included a helpful picture with her list.  Another thing that she recommends are these handy-dandy wet painting carriers.  I ordered a couple.


And finally, Renee Lammers who is hosting the ladies retreat in Maine suggested Best Brella for painting outside.  Not exactly cheap but it does seem very durable and I figure I can use it for multiple purposes - like watching the grand-kids swim.


I'll look forward to reporting to you from my week in Maine. 

Here is how it might look framed.



Contact me if you are interested in this painting.  You can also see more of my available paintings HERE. Or, to see other paintings available at auction simply search Karla Uphoff in Art on eBay.   Auctions start at just 1¢. 

Comments

  1. I agree, poppies are so delicate. I think that quality is what attracts us to them! Those & peonies are some of my favorite to paint.

    Looking forward to reading (& seeing) about your trip into plein air painting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts