Blog Find of the Week

Apple of My Eye
5 X 5
Oil on Hardboard
This week's Blog Find of the Week is a fun blog called An Apple a Day by  Michel Oosterhout.  He is collecting apple artwork from all around the web and posting them on his site.  This is the apple that I chose to submit.  Check it out.  It's fun!


I've finished the book Alla Prima: Everything I know About Painting by Richard Schmid.  All in all it is a very good book.  I especially appreciated the humble approach Schmid used.  He goes into easy to read and understand detail on the following topics:  Direct painting, drawing, value, edges, color and light, composition, technique and "The Magic".  The only time he got "edgy" was when he talked about using photo references and especially using a projector.  (I've tried that and I don't recommend it either!)


So I highly, highly recommend this book to anyone who is wanting to improve their art.  Schmid will go down in history with the likes of Monet, Rembrandt, Sargent and others.




To purchase this painting or to see more of my available art, go to my on-line gallery at Daily Paintworks or my Available Paintings Page, or contact me directly kuphoff59@gmail.com



Comments

  1. Thick juicy brushstrokes,rich colours,your work is a joy to look at!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts