Yellow Onion IV

Yellow Onion IV
5 X 5
Oil on hardboard

I decided to go bottoms up on this painting.  It is the 4th in a series of paintings using the same onion with different light and backgrounds.  How long do you think one onion will last?  As long as they continue to sell I am going to paint them.  It is a good exercise.  This one will be offered with a starting price of just $5.00 like the rest.


I am half way through the Alla Prima book by Richard Schmid.  I have to take frequent breaks in my reading to absorb everything he is saying.  Some of it I have learned from other artists, but some of it are entirely new concepts to me; Like his concept of the activity of drawing.  Good stuff.

Here is how it might look framed.


To purchase this painting or to see more of my available art, go to my on-line gallery at Daily Paintworks or my Available Paintings Page.

Comments

  1. Love your onion series! You're right to carry on doing something that is popular....remember Cezanne and is apples!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts