Red Raspberry

Red Raspberry
Oil on hardboard
5 x 7



This week's challenge at Daily Paintworks was to paint in the style of a famous painter that I liked.  I really wanted to paint one like Grandma Moses (she is my hero for painting late in life; she lived to be 101 !!) but I didn't think I could pull off the folk art style.  So I chose Georgia O'Keeffe instead.  I had done a quilted wall hanging from her famous painting.

"I have but one desire as a painter – that is to paint what I see, as I see it, in my own way, without regard for the desires or taste of the professional dealer or the professional collector."-  Georgia O’Keeffe









Here is how it might look framed


E-mail me if you are interested in this painting.

Comments

  1. Lovely close up of this delicious looking raspberry!! She is one of my heroes too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts