Three Shells

Three Shells
6 x 6
Oil on hardboard
I have had this box of seashells on my still life objects shelf for over a year.  I am just now playing with how I might paint them.  This one was done in a loose fashion with thick paint in some places.  It is one of those pieces that are best enjoyed standing a few feet away to get the full effect.  Standing too close results in thinking it is just a "hot mess".  I think I will continue to play with the shells with different compositions.

Here is how it might look framed


Contact me if you are interested in this painting.  You can also see more of my available paintings HERE. Or, to see other paintings available at auction simply search Karla Uphoff in Art on Ebay

Comments

  1. Nice loose work Karla! I also have some shells I've had for years,still on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts