It's Official - I'm a Dot Com

"Red Onion"
5 X 7
Oil on Hardboard

This red onion with it's outer skin peeling away just captured my eye.  As I got down to painting I started noticing all of the variety of colors it had.  I loved the gray/blues.

It's now official.  I have set up a web-site gallery to feature my art and I have secured my domain name.  karlauphoff.com.  I hope you will take a peek and give me your feed-back!

For my artist friends:

I photographed this outside.  Trying to capture it on the wall was proving to be frustrating as I was struggling with reflected light.  Finally I just laid it on a card table and shot it.  This worked really well.  By using outside light I was able to raise the resolution by 3 times what I can get indoors.

Also, Julia Lundman has a very concise article about the different approaches to drawing that is worth reading.  You can read it HERE>

Here is how it might look framed.


Contact me if you are interested in this painting.  You can also see more of my available paintings HERE. Or, to see other paintings available at auction simply search Karla Uphoff in Art on eBay.   Auctions start at just 1¢. 

Comments

  1. I love your low key paintings, Karla. And this one is so pretty. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the onion.
    Thanks for the drawing blog I went and visited.
    I tried two ways to reach your new site but got Fine Art Studios both times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, Thank you and yes, my domain name is currently connected to my gallery at Fine Arts Studio. So far I like how it works over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful onion and I love the website!!
    Well done and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Azra! Hope your art sale is a huge success this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Carla! Love your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts