Cousin

"Cousin"

8 X 8
Oil on Panel

We went to our grand-sons first birthday party over the weekend.  Our beautiful daughter-in-law's cousins were there.  They are all beautiful young women (including our daughter-in-law). 

Emily has a fresh bright disposition.   I'm not sure I have captured her essence, but I gave it my best shot.

Here is the photo I used to paint this.



As I was cleaning up in my studio this last week, I was looking at the stack of paintings that didn't make the grade.  There seemed to be all kinds of reasons they didn't work; bad composition, wrong colors etc, but the most common thing I saw was mud.  Muddy paintings that were over-worked or cases where I hadn't been careful with my paint handling.  It pays to think twice and apply once.

Here is how this painting might look framed.






Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

Be sure and sign up for my HUGE give-away going on through 12/24//12

Visit my website

Visit my DailyPaintworks gallery: 

Comments

  1. This portrait is stunning Karla! I love the skin tones and there is a timeless quality to the whole portrait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts