Primary Colors

Primary Colors
10 X 8
Oil on Hardboard


I decided to give the latest challenge at Daily Paintworks another shot.  This time I tried to follow the directions more closely.  I really tried to change colors with each stroke.  And I think it did make a difference.  I like the apple the best. It was challenging though to get the consistency of the paint just right so it covered the board but wasn't too runny.

 Another thing I tried was standing while I painted.  This required a whole series of rearrangements but I can see the merits to standing.  I think it makes you a litlle less fussy.  Maybe I will try my next portrait standing.

Do you stand or sit when you paint?

Comments

  1. Being the lazy cow that I am, I tend to sit. Makes me feel more in control, I think. Anyway, love this composition and the strong brush strokes. Live the colors too. Well done, Karla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always sat until I tried this one. I agree that I also feel more in control when I sit. Maybe that's one of my problems! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts