Spring Has Sprung

"Spring Has Sprung"
5 X 7
Oil on Hardboard
SOLD!!



Spring has definitely sprung here in Central Illinois.  I don't know if these flowers are daffodils or something else, but they are some of the first to poke their heads up in spring.

I find painting white things a real challenge.  I had to completely scrape this painting down and start over.  Good thing I had inked over the drawing with permanent ink.  Made the new start a lot easier.  I just read a quote by Pat Walker in the fall issue of  "The American Artist" which I am reading on-line.  "Darks are what hold a painting together".  I think that is so true!  When I start a painting by putting in the darkest darks first it just has a settling feeling and I know I am off on the right track.  Maybe that is why painting very light things is such a challenge.

Here is how it might look framed.


Greeting Card
I did a major boo-boo this week.  I have been trying to build up a following of happy collectors of my art using eBay and have worked extremely hard to wrap and ship paintings in a timely manner.  Well, I added a painting from my computer inventory at the last minute and then when it sold, I could not find the painting anywhere.  Arggghhhh!  So I had to humbly write the buyer and explain why I had to issue a refund.  So frustrating!  She seemed to be understanding.  Anyway she is bidding on two more of my paintings and said she wanted that other painting because it was a pear.  So if she wins the bid (or regardless) I will tuck in a greeting card I made using watercolors as a concession.

I made the card after reading a blog by Jane LaFazio and ordering her one hour tutorial on watercolors.  It was a fun exercise to make the card and refreshing to take a step back from oil painting.  I think oils will always be my first choice of medium but it is nice to dabble.  I found out there is a whole 'nuther blog world out there for sketching and watercolors.  Never ending art.  I love it!


Contact me if you are interested in this painting.  You can also see more of my available paintings HERE. Or, to see other paintings available at auction simply search Karla Uphoff in Art on eBay.   Auctions start at just 1¢.

Comments

  1. Hello Karla:) You did a nice job on the daffodil. When framed it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring has definitely arrived Karla!! This is fabulous! I love the watercolour card too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts