Stages of Grief: Stage II

Gala Apple
5 X 7 Oil on Hardboard
Yesterday was a good day painting.  I managed to paint four small keepers and no stinkers.  Woo hoo!  That feels good.

Yesterday I talked about the first stage of grieving, denial and shock.  Today I will talk about the second stage,  Pain and Guilt.  This is taken directly from the web site: recover-from-grief.com

As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.
You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

This stage lasted a long time for me.  I think it was made longer because of my predisposition for depression.  Don't hesitate to reach our for support as you go through this stage.  It can wear you out body and soul.

I'm here if you want to talk.

Karla








Comments

Popular Posts