Painting Re-Worked

Pear Grapes Stacked
5 X 7
Oil on Hardboard

SOLD!


I was wanting to paint outside today, but it looks like rain.  Yea!  We need the rain.  So I was wondering what I could paint inside and saw a painting I did a couple of months ago that has bugged me.



I really liked the grapes,  (They read more accurately in this photo) but I wasn't a big fan of the pear or the background.  One of the things that I struggle with is painting everything so literally.  I think it stems from my personality.  I have a hard time taking artistic license.

But this morning I grabbed the painting, added some painting medium on the places I wanted to change and set to work.  First of all, I thought this pear needed more "hip" on the right side.  I also darkened the background.  I added just a little red to the dark mix to warm it up.  (thanks Abbey Ryan!).

So what do you think?  Did I improve it?

Here is how it might look framed.


Contact me if you are interested in this painting.  You can also see more of my available paintings HERE. Or, to see other paintings available at auction simply search Karla Uphoff in Art on eBay.   Auctions start at just 1¢. 

Comments

  1. The painting was great as it was but you've give nit the Karla treatment...magic!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts