Amelia and the Winners!!!

"Amelia" 6 X 6   Oil on Panal


I have been wanting to paint this painting for quite a while.  It is from a photo.  It is my grand-daughter caught in a moment of contemplation.

Speaking of photos.  I went to a free class at my local library.  "Demystifying the Camera".  It was a brief two hour over-view of some of the basics of photography.  It was well organized and well presented.  I think what I learned will help me a great deal in photographing my art; something that has eluded me to this point.

Here is how today's painting might look framed.

I have drawn the winners for my most recent contest.  Drum roll please.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*....

The calendar "A Year of Art" which is a collection of some of my favorite paintings from 2012 went to Elaine.

The five Photo Greeting Cards went to Nancy.

Congratulations to both!!!

As soon as they get me their snail-mail address I will get their prizes in the mail.

Be sure to stay tuned because I have some more great contest ideas up my sleeve!


Comments

  1. Beautiful portrait Karla!! I love the way you've painted the eyes and the skin tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest grandchildren, Karla! Little Amelia is the perfect little painting muse. Beautiful portrait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts