Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dotty Spotty

"Dotty Spotty"5 x 7 Oil on Hardboard

SOLD!
 
I have a collection of cookie jars.  It has gotten somewhat out of hand as I have almost 40 of them.  That is the only I thing I seem to collect.  Not even sure how it all got started.

Anyway,  I am constantly telling myself.   No more cookie jars!!  But inevitably I will see the cutest cookie jar at a garage sale for the most insane price and just have to give in.

Such is the case with this spotty hen.  She was only $7.00 and in incredible shape; No chips or cracks.  So.....she has joined the ranks.

But I like her.  And I like this painting!

Note:  This painting is available at auction at Daily Paintworks.  All proceeds from the sale of this painting will be donated to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief.


3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Karla,this is your best so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this painting! Dotty Spotty looks like a distant relative of our beloved little TC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Azra!

    Kathleen, Thanks, I wondered if the Traveling Chicken similarity was what drew me to her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!