Three Lemons

Three Lemons7 X 7  Oil on Panal

As much as I like to paint fruits and vegetables, it is hard for me to believe that I don't think I have ever painted lemons.  When I saw the odd shaped one in the store I grabbed it up with two accomplices.
Here's a tip:  When you are done squeezing your lemons, throw the rinds into a ziplock bag and keep it in the freezer for when a recipe calls for lemon zest.  You can do the same with your oranges.

Below is how this painting might look framed.

Which one do you like better?  The dark frame or the light frame?






Quote of the day from my niece:

"Say what you mean; mean what you say; and make sure what you say isn't mean."  Gretchen Uphoff


Hope everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving this week has a wonderful time with family and friends.

Karla

Comments

  1. It's a wonderful painting, and definitely the dark frame for my tastes. I love the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a pro at painting lemons!! They are beautiful!! I like the light frame,I think it gives the painting more depth.Your niece sounds like a really sweet person,must take after her aunt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting, Karla! I love your lemons and the vase, too. The yellows and grays really complement each another.

    I usually go for dark frames, but I'm with Azra on this one. The light frame looks perfect on it.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sweet family, Karla!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts