Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blog Find of the Week

"Little Cutie"
 5 X 7
palette knife
Oil on Hardboard
I have been watching our pumpkin patch for a couple weeks now, anxious to pick one and paint it.  We grow pumpkins every year.  It's tradition.  I love pumpkins!  This little cutie was the only one that was ready to pick.  This will likely be the first of many pumpkin paintings.

My Blog Find of the Week* this week is Julie Davis Studio and her "tree study" series.  She is currently on study 12.  You can start at the beginning here.  I have enjoyed following along and learning a lot about painting trees.  Something that has been a mystery to me.  I hope you enjoy the series too


* Blog Find of the Week is a weekly series on Life on the Flip Side.  To find more BFOTW simply type blog find in the search box at the bottom right of this page..

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful to grow your own pumpkins! Love the colours and expressive palette knife work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...shades of autumn, pumpkin pies, pumpkin bread, the heady aromas...Did I ever mention how much I detest summer? The least favorite of all the seasons. Lovely painting, Karla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful Azra. I feel very blessed to have room for a garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!