Blue Pottery

Blue Pottery
6 X 6
Oil on Hardboard

SOLD!
Here is a little painting I did this morning.  I was walking around the house looking for something to paint when this little garage sale find caught my eye.  I love handmade pottery.  Trying to make my own pots is one of the things on my bucket list.  I even tried to make a home-made potter's wheel out of an old dishwasher motor.  Let's just say it didn't work too well.  The motor made the wheel go way too fast and the clay shot off the wheel like a missile.  Luckily I was in the garage and no damage was done.

I did this little painting with a very limited palette.  Caribbean blue, burnt sienna, white and black.  Oh and painted on an orange toned board (see yesterday's post).

Here is how it might look framed

Comments

  1. I so admire handmade pottery too,what a skill to have! I can just imagine the clay flying in all directions haha : )
    This is a beautiful painting Karla,the colours and your brushstrokes are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flying clay story made me laugh, Karla. This piece is wonderful and the deep red/brown tones in the background is wonderful. Love the pumpkin below as well and the tip is spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts