Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peaceful Morning



"Peaceful Morning"
11 X 14
Oil on hardboard








Well, with the encouragement I got from Armand (see here), I bit the bullet this morning and gave landscape painting a shot.  It was a somewhat cloudy morning and I knew the light was not going to shift quite so quickly as other days.  This is a look out across my father-in-laws pond.

I have to say I am pleased with how this came out and will not be quite so nervous about trying landscapes the next time.

Here is how it might look framed






8 comments:

  1. I really like your landscape, Karla. Beautiful, light, nice composition - love the soft colors. I'd say you're a natural...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean! I love your profile picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a beautiful glow to this landscape,and Jean's right you are a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be pleased! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karla this is so peaceful and inviting. You are great at landscapes. I enjoyed my visit to your blogthanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Azra, I really enjoyed painting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sherry, You are such an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you and thanks for stopping by Angela!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!