Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sweet Cherries and Bottle

Sweet Cherries with Bottle
5 X 5
Oil on Hardboard

 My husband has a unique bottle collection.  This is one of his bottles.  Until now I have been too unsure of myself and my painting skills to tackle glass.  Now that I know it is painted in the same way as everything else I paint, I will have fun painting more of them.

These cherries were at the store yesterday.  They are the sweetest cherries I have ever eaten.  I will be drying them for future batches of my granola. (See recipe here).

Here is how it might look framed




2 comments:

  1. Love this composition Karla,the glass is brilliant and the cherries do look sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely still life! And now? I want cherries!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!