Blog Find of the Week

Fall Still Life
5 X 7
Oil on Hardboard
I hope everybody is having a fantastic week-end!  I painted this painting in a dark room with just a spot light.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  I've discovered that pumpkins are not easy to paint!

I went to the Peoria Art Fair yesterday down on the Riverfront.  There were 151 booths with every kind of art imaginable.  I really enjoyed looking at everything.  There were over 800 applicants to the fair and only the best got in.  It is one of my goals to be able to show my art there.  I discovered a local artist there who is offering classes starting in November on Monday evenings.  I signed up.  I am anxious to learn more and to meet some other painters in my area.


I am a little behind on my blog finds of the week with the new grand-baby so I will list a few blogs I think are worth visiting.

Carrie's Creations has a blog called "Is This Why Your Art is Being Rejected?"  It is a blog that shows the process of framing a water color. 

Jeffrey Hayes has a blog post about his homemade Mahl Stick.

And finally,  Mara Schasteen gives some tips for overcoming the challenges of painting Alla Prima.


Here is how it might look framed.
 To bid on this painting or to see my other available pieces please go to my on-line gallery at Daily Paintworks.

Comments

  1. So absolutely beautiful, Karla!! You've captured the textures in both pieces of fruit so well! Now I am thinking of heading down to Peoria to look at the art. I love doing that and I haven't done it at all this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark background really makes your subjects stand out and the colours and textures are spot on! Its always good to have ambition and to want to keep learning..it makes your work fresh and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts