Morning Glory with White Cup

Morning Glory with White Cup
5 X 5
 Oil on Hardboard
My husband collected morning glory and sunflower seeds from my son's garden the year that he passed away.  Each year he plants the seeds in memory of Gabe.  We have a HUGE sunflower patch.  Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, we don't have to replant the morning glories because they seed themselves EVERYWHERE!  lol.  It seems like I spend half my summer pulling them out of places they shouldn't be.  I am convinced if we left for 3 years our house would be completely covered by them.  But, I really don't mind them so much.

Here is how it might look framed

Comments

  1. To keep your son's memory alive in this way is so touching.Every time you see these flowers grow must mean so much to you.You both must have done such an amazing job bringing up your son that God wanted him back to grace heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Azra, that is so sweet of you to say that. You made me cry! I am very confident that Gabe is in heaven and while here he was a very special person in spite of our parenting mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow it seems that Gabe lives in through those Morning Glories and sunflowers. Beautiful painting, Karla, and I love the bit of blue beneath the rim of the cup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!

Popular Posts