Monday, April 11, 2011

Pitcher With Nest


Pitcher with Nest
8 X 10
Oil on Hardboard




Don't you just love when "accidents" happen?  I spent almost an hour today setting up a new still life to paint.  I was working on the kitchen counter.  When I finally had what I liked, I started stacking things up to carry them into my painting room.  When I had stacked the pitcher it looked just like this and I thought "I like that. In fact I like it better than the still life I had worked so hard on".  Isn't life funny like that sometimes?

This pitcher was another of my garage sale finds from last weekend.  I just loved the contours of it.

Sorry if you got several blank post notices.  My computer was going crazy!
Here is how it might look framed


5 comments:

  1. Love the composition Karla,so spring like.This pitcher is a great find and looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv it - picture of a pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I really appreciate the support I get here!! The studio can be a lonely place at times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment!